You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Jabaco - Community. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

beginner

Beginner

  • "beginner" started this thread

Posts: 5

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2016

  • Send private message

1

Thursday, February 18th 2016, 4:32pm

Button array problem

Hi,
I am an amateur developer of engineering applications for personal use, for some years I have used VB6 to create visual applications with satisfaction "Event Driven". I recently used XBLite (XBasic for windows David Szafransky), and BCX (basic to C translator Kevin Diggins), then I also discovered the RAD Lazarus, I think I will adopt for the next projects, as is closest to my needs (code efficiency).
For several years I have searched the web a compiler with characteristics similar to VB6 to make a painless porting some of my engineering applications, and casually last year I discovered Jabaco.
Congratulations on Jabaco IDE, the development environment quite closely reflects that of VB6. However, leaving aside for obvious reasons, the incompatibility with Windows native code at a low level (.ocx, .dll) to embrace the philosophy of multi-platform software, I encountered some problems in porting a small test game that uses arrays of buttons. In the development environment all the buttons are displayed correctly, but the executable program disappear the "caption". Likely it is a compiler issue, which has stopped me from translating other applications.
Personally I would have enjoyed the production of native binary code without the need to use "JVM" or ".NET", I also think it would be useful to develop an IDE "VB6 like" as that present in Jabaco for BCX or XBLite, even at the expense of an incomplete compatibility with the Visual Basic 6, which in my opinion is not binding.

Best Regards
beginner

beginner

Beginner

  • "beginner" started this thread

Posts: 5

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2016

  • Send private message

2

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 11:14am

For developers of jabaco simple example 15 puzzle with button array not working:
VB6 form source code:
15.frm
beginner has attached the following file:
  • 15v1.0.6.zip (10.02 kB - 92 times downloaded - latest: Nov 13th 2017, 3:15am)

maXim

Trainee

  • "maXim" is male

Posts: 51

Date of registration: Jan 5th 2009

Location: Sesto Fiorentino, Florence (ITALY)

Occupation: design & development (HW, SW & FW)

Hobbies: chess, fly fishing, good wine and beautiful women!

  • Send private message

3

Saturday, March 26th 2016, 7:56pm

Hi beginner,

Jabaco Source

1
2
3
4
' change:
mossa = Int((15 * Rnd) + 1)
' with:
mossa = Int((14 * Rnd) + 1)

... of course you'll have to adjust the aspect ratio (twips to pixels)... ;)

:) !!! BUONA PASQUA !!! :)

beginner

Beginner

  • "beginner" started this thread

Posts: 5

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2016

  • Send private message

4

Monday, March 28th 2016, 6:33pm

Grazie maXim per gli auguri e ricambio.
Il problema che io ho riscontrato non riguarda l'indice dell'array dei bottoni, che nella versione VB6 volutamente parte da 1 fino a 15 (Option Base 1).
Il problema nel mio sistema è che nell'IDE di sviluppo i testi sono visualizzati correttamente, mentre nell'eseguibile jabaco con java8 scompaiono.
Allego link per scarico eseguibile finale del gioco scritto in VB6 e solutore in C++.
https://app.box.com/s/jeugfk7ev551jnjtp42onbuxbmdcahcy

Translation english:
Thanks for the good wishes Maxim parts.
The problem that I have encountered is not about the index of the array of buttons, which in the VB6 version deliberately starts from 1 to 15 (Option Base 1).
The problem in my system is that the IDE development texts are displayed correctly, while the executable Jabaco with java8 disappear.
I attach the link to the final discharge of the game executable written in VB6 and solver in C ++.
https://app.box.com/s/jeugfk7ev551jnjtp42onbuxbmdcahcy

beginner

Beginner

  • "beginner" started this thread

Posts: 5

Date of registration: Feb 18th 2016

  • Send private message

5

Monday, March 28th 2016, 6:38pm

Hi beginner,

Jabaco Source

1
2
3
4
' change:
mossa = Int((15 * Rnd) + 1)
' with:
mossa = Int((14 * Rnd) + 1)
... of course you'll have to adjust the aspect ratio (twips to pixels)... ;)
:) !!! BUONA PASQUA !!! :)

Grazie maXim per gli auguri e ricambio.
Il problema che io ho riscontrato non riguarda l'indice dell'array dei bottoni, che nella versione VB6 volutamente parte da 1 fino a 15 (Option Base 1).
Il problema nel mio sistema è che nell'IDE di sviluppo i testi sono visualizzati correttamente, mentre nell'eseguibile jabaco con java8 scompaiono.
Allego link per scarico eseguibile finale del gioco scritto in VB6 e solutore in C++.
https://app.box.com/s/jeugfk7ev551jnjtp42onbuxbmdcahcy

Translation english:
Thanks for the good wishes Maxim parts.
The problem that I have encountered is not about the index of the array of buttons, which in the VB6 version deliberately starts from 1 to 15 (Option Base 1).
The problem in my system is that the IDE development texts are displayed correctly, while the executable Jabaco with java8 disappear.
I attach the link to the final discharge of the game executable written in VB6 and solver in C ++.
https://app.box.com/s/jeugfk7ev551jnjtp42onbuxbmdcahcy


Rate this thread
WoltLab Burning Board